Are You Being Transformed?

Colossians 3:12-14 Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

We cannot work our way into salvation. God has done that for us, but as His chosen people, He has a way in which He calls us to live. In a world set on serving its own selfish needs would it not be amazing to find a people sold out to living as God’s people, setting aside personal agendas to love God and the people He loves. Imagine the contrast, if we as a body could grow to the point that someone could look at us and see these verses from Colossians alive in us.

To be honest, I struggle with the spirit of these verses on a daily basis. Honestly, there are days that I am arrogant, anything but patient, and sometimes I am not that kind. However, by God’s power, I know that I will be transformed beyond my failures. I know that it is happening already. I was not saved and immediately made perfect. God is cleansing me and making me into what I was always meant to be so that God can be glorified in me.

My prayer is that this transformation would take place in you through Jesus Christ and that you would strive to put on these attributes of God so that He will be evident in you.

No comments: